WE CARE ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND US
Sustainable development has one fundamental goal – to meet the needs of today in a way that does not compromise the needs of future generations. This means optimally reconciling economic development, social progress and respect for the environment. Behave responsibly towards people, conserve natural resources and minimise the impact of human activities on the environment.
- Creating favourable working conditions, ensuring work safety
- Staff education, training and professional development
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our employees, promoting personal responsibility
- Promoting social engagement, cultural, sporting and social activities
- Strengthening team spirit and sharing company values
- Responsible use of raw materials and energy resources, reduction of energy consumption
- Waste minimisation, waste sorting
- Internal recycling of raw materials, material take-back, use of recycled materials in product manufacturing
- Efforts to minimize environmental impacts, reduce emissions
- Compliance with all legal requirements, regular audits and certifications
- Production efficiency, rational use of raw materials
- Production of quality products, ensuring long product lifetime
- Creating innovation, product development with regard to the efficient use of raw materials and energy
- Strict criteria for input, output and process controls
- Customized system solutions and product manufacturing
DEVELOPMENT AND CONSTRUCTION OF WATERPROOFING SYSTEMS
The production of products in accordance with the principles of sustainability is based on our own research and development department. We use the experience of our specialists and modern instrumentation to successfully meet our sustainability goals. As a result, we are able to develop compounds, design and verify structures and tailor product properties to meet the demands of the end application. Our work results in products with an emphasis on ecodesign and quality. Most of our waterproofing membranes are offered as complete application systems, i.e. including auxiliary and supplementary materials, with a recommended and proven application method. This enables us to offer waterproofing solutions with long-term functionality and durability.
In our products, we use both internal technological waste and external recyclates to the maximum extent, which significantly reduces the consumption of primary raw materials. We use our own processing technologies (crushing, separation, regranulation) for the use of internal technological waste, which we are constantly expanding. These technologies allow us to maximise the use of internal waste, even with reinforcement materials such as PES and glass fibres. Our production of waterproofing membranes is therefore waste-free. In addition, we offer our customers the possibility of taking back scraps and unused residues from the installation of insulation films. We use our technology to process the recovered material for reuse in new products.
The design of the products and their properties not only meet the requirements of the relevant standards for physical and mechanical and other properties, but we place great emphasis on the long service life of the insulation films, which significantly contributes to reducing the consumption of raw materials.
We offer a complete system solution that can be tailored to the specific needs of a given project. This solution is economical and facilitates the design and construction of buildings.
FATRAFOL systems include virtually all types of insulation films, including films for modern ecological and energy-efficient buildings and films with environmental benefits:
- Insulating films for cool roofs – the white upper layer of the film helps to reduce the roof temperature and reduce excessive heating of buildings,
- Green roof systems – natural air conditioning of buildings, extending the life of insulation and reducing the formation of heat islands in urban areas,
- Insulation sheets for water retention in the landscape – ponds, lakes, habitats and reservoirs, helping to alleviate drought and improve the local environment,
- Insulation films for protection of buildings against water, ground moisture or radon – insulation of houses, industrial buildings and tunnels ensure functionality and prolong life,
- special films for protection of buildings and especially the soil around the buildings against chemical substances – catch basins and emergency pits, insulation of agricultural buildings, etc.
Proper application is a prerequisite for the quality and long-term functionality of our waterproofing membranes, which is why we share the extensive experience of our application specialists with our customers through specialized training, expert advice and ongoing technical support.
MEMBERSHIP AND CERTIFICATION
Environmental protection has long been a major focus of our attention. We have a certified quality system according to ČSN EN ISO 9001:2016 and an environmental management system according to ČSN EN ISO 14001:2016.
We are guided by the principles of the Responsible Care programme, in which, as a member of the Chemical Industry Association of the Czech Republic, we undertake to manage our activities in such a way as to ensure a high level of sustainable development by responsibly improving the safety of our facilities, product transportation, human health and environmental protection. Thanks to our long-term compliance with these criteria, we have been granted the prestigious “Sustainable Development Award”.
We are a member of VinylPlus. We are making a long-term commitment to sustainability in the PVC industry. The main objective is to promote a circular economy and more efficient use of resources.
We have developed an Environmental Product Declaration, which is an independently verified and registered document that declares the environmental impact of products throughout their life cycle.